Foreign language classes serve increasingly diverse groups of students, in terms of interests, learning styles, native languages, learning aptitudes, etc. How can we satisfy their individual needs? In addition, how can we encourage them to become lifelong learners after graduation? Extensive reading (ER) provides an answer. This symposium addresses these issues by offering the ER model as a robust and flexible method for encouraging autonomous learning.
Dates: Thursday, November 5 - Friday, November 6, 2015
- Doreen Ewert - University of San Francisco
- Jane Hardy - Wabash College
“Integrating ER Models into Curricular Programs”
“How to Assess and Grade ER Programs”
Please complete this pre-conference survey before attending.
For more information please visit the ER Conference homepage.
- Center for the Study of Languages and Cultures
- Kenab Center for Teaching and Learning
- Hesburgh Libraries Center for Digital Scholarship