This fall the CSLC will be hosting several research and technology related events. The season kicked off with the CALICO 2016 Submission workshop hosted on September 30th by the CSLC's new educational technologist, Joachim Castellano. The workshop focused on aiding Notre Dame researchers presenting at CALICO 2016 at Michigan State University.
On October 5th, Kevin Scannell of St. Louis University will be speaking on Gaelic online resources and data mining of minority languages. The two talks will be held in the Multipurpose Room of the CSLC.
Dr. Mairéad Nic Giolla Mhichíl of Dublin City University will be presenting a lecture on her research involving online language learning, including SpeakApps and LMOOCs. The lecture will be on October 15th in the CSLC.
After midterm break the CSLC resumes with the following events in November and December (all events at the CSLC unless otherwise noted):
- 11/2 Vocabulary Acquisition Lecture by Professor James Rankin (Princeton University) 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- 11/3 - 11/7 Humans Vs. Vampires campus student game
- 11/5 - 11/6 Extensive Reading Conference by Professor Noriko Hanabusa
- 11/9 Humans Vs. Vampires Award Ceremony - at the LaFortune Ballroom 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- 11/11 Capture and Record Workshop with the Kaneb Center, Hesburgh Libraries Center for Digital Scholarship (CDS), and Office of Information Technologies at the Hesburgh Libraries Center for Digital Scholarship 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 11/19 Useful Sites/Apps for Language Learning Workshop by Fulbright Tech Impact Scholar Dr. Mairéad Nic Giolla Mhichíl and Joachim Castellano 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- 12/3 CSLC Ursula Williams Faculty Fellowship Presentation by Professor Chengxu Yin 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All are invited to attend!