The CSLC provides support to foreign language faculty interested in holding a conference or symposium on language acquisition theory or pedagogy. Before requesting funds, please note the funding policies below:
- All receipts must be submitted together within two weeks of the conference end date.
- Poster/program can be designed and printed at the CSLC.
- Final information for posters must be given one month in advance.
- Final information for the program must be given two weeks in advance.
- Non-professional video recording and photography may be done by trained CSLC student employees according to student availability. Requests must be made one month in advance.
CSLC does not provide
- Conference organization support, including:
- Coordination of guest speakers
- Travel reservations (faculty members should arrange through TravelND or Anthony Travel)
- Transportation to/from the airport (faculty are responsible for this)
- Conference publicity, including:
- Custom website creation
- Student helpers/volunteers (it is recommended that faculty recruit from their own students.)
- Reservation of non-CSLC facilities, equipment, or services
Other Funding Requests
The CSLC supports language learning by co-sponsoring departmental events and programming as well as faculty initiatives and projects on a limited basis. To request funding, please contact Maggie Mello or Alessia Blad.