The CSLC Peer Tutoring program is a free service available to all Notre Dame students. This program offers comprehensive foreign language peer tutoring to enhance student learning beyond the classroom. CSLC peer tutors consist of students recommended by faculty members due to their high levels of proficiency in the language for which they are tutoring in addition to formal tutor training.
Tutoring offered includes in-person, hybrid, or remote formats. Refer to individual language and tutor appointments when reserving a session.
Non-students may request an exemption to receive tutoring by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Appointments are limited to one 30-minute session per week. To request additional tutoring, contact email@example.com with the information of a recommending faculty member.
- Students must come prepared with their goals for a session so the tutor can best facilitate their language learning. Tutoring is not a platform for instruction and does not take the place of a language class.
- Tutoring is available only while classes are in session; not during holidays/breaks.
- Students should book an appointment when possible. Drop-in tutoring may only be offered remotely by some tutors.
- All tutoring outcomes are documented for both the tutee and the course instructor (if applicable).
- If you need to cancel:
Book a tutor
- Click on the language button below to sign up for a 30-minute time slot.
- Be sure that you are using your ND email address.
- Check that your Google calendar is set to Eastern Standard Time for your appointment time to display properly.
- If you are having problems reserving a time, try using a different browser (we recommend Chrome).
|Language||Additional Information||Book Now|
|Arabic||If you are not enrolled in an Arabic course, please contact Professor Catherine Bronson or Professor Bualuan prior to scheduling a tutoring appointment.||Book an appointment|
|Chinese||Set by department||Contact the department|
|Creole||Book an Appointment|
|English (EAP)||Students seeking general EAP sessions may sign up for ONE session per week. Keough MGA students can also sign up with the Keough Writing Skills Coordinator.||General EAP|
|French||Book an appointment|
|German||Book an appointment|
|Greek||Book an appointment|
|Hindi||Book an appointment|
|Irish||Book an appointment|
|Italian||Book an appointment|
|Japanese||Book an appointment|
|Korean||Book an appointment|
|Latin||Book an appointment|
|Portuguese||Book an appointment|
|Quechua||Book an appointment|
|Russian||Book an appointment|
|Spanish||Book an appointment|
|Swahili||Book an appointment|