The peer tutoring program is a free, self-scheduled service available to all Notre Dame students. This program offers comprehensive foreign language peer tutoring to enhance student learning beyond the classroom. CSLC peer tutors are undergraduate students recommended by faculty members due to their high levels of proficiency in the language for which they are tutoring. All peer tutors receive formal training.
Tutoring is available at no charge to enrolled students. Any requests for exceptions must be directed to email@example.com. Come prepared with all necessary course materials.
Tutoring for Spring 2021 will begin on Wednesday, February 10.
- For Spring 2021, all tutoring sessions will occur online via Zoom.
- Please note: no tutoring will take place on March 2, April 2 and April 21 because of Notre Dame mini-break days.
- All tutoring outcomes are documented for both the language student tutee as well as the course instructor.
- Tutors who do not have scheduled tutoring appointments are available for drop-in tutoring during their open hours. (Drop-ins suspended for Spring 2021).
- Appointments are limited to one session per day unless given prior permission from a faculty member.
- Tutoring is intended exclusively for students who are currently taking language courses at Notre Dame or engaging in self-study. Students are expected to bring specific questions to tutoring sessions. Tutoring is not a platform for instruction, as CSLC tutors are trained to tutor only.
- If you need to cancel:
Book a tutor
- Click on the language button below to sign up for a 30-minute time slot.
- Set your Google calendar to Eastern Standard Time for your appointment time to display properly.
- If you are having problems reserving a time, try using a different browser (we recommend Chrome). Our system seems to frequently have problems with Safari.
|Language||Additional Information||Book Now|
|Arabic||If you are not enrolled in an Arabic course, please contact Professor Catherine Bronson or Professor Bualuan prior to scheduling a tutoring appointment.||Book an appointment|
|Cherokee||Book an appointment|
|Chinese||Set by department||Contact the department|
|English (EAP)||Students seeking general EAP sessions may sign up for ONE session per week. Keough MGA students can also sign up with the Keough Writing Skills Coordinator.||General EAP Keough Writing|
|French||Book an appointment|
|German||Book an appointment|
|Greek||Book an appointment|
|Hindi||Book an appointment|
|Irish||Book an appointment|
|Italian||Book an appointment|
|Japanese||Book an appointment|
|Korean||Set by department||Contact the department|
|Latin||Book an appointment|
|Portuguese||Book an appointment|
|Russian||Book an appointment|
|Spanish||Book an appointment|
|Swahili||Book an appointment|